Our founder, Jim Evitt, Sr., a proprietor of the local drug store and the only pharmacist in Catoosa County, embarked on a venture to set up a telephone system. With only eight telephones, Ringgold Telephone Company was established in 1912.
In 1950, Ringgold was among the first independent companies in Georgia to switch from manual to dial telephones. Jim Evitt, Jr. succeeded his late father as president of a growing company that boasted 250 telephones.
Alice Evitt Bandy, granddaughter of the company founder, assumed the presidency after the untimely death of Jim Evitt, Jr. in 1973. As the third generation of ownership and management for RTC, she provides leadership and management, while her daughters are currently being trained in the business to extend into a fourth generation.
During 2000, Ringgold Telephone Company became the first company in the state of Georgia to provide high-speed Internet service to every customer in its 122 square mile service area. In June of 2004, RTC and its well trained staff moved into its new 52,000 square foot headquarters that features a 20 position call center, and contemporary customer service area including a state of the art demonstration area.