Troubleshooting For immediate technical support assistance, please contact our call center at 706.965.2301.
Below are some helpful tips if you are currently experiencing issues with your service
- Check the power, connections, and installation status.
- Check that plugs in the devices haven't come loose from the outlets in the wall and jacks.
- Confirm that there are lights on your devices.
- If red or orange lights are illuminated on your modem, this could indicate a connection issue.
- Reboot the computer, modem, and router.
- Attempt to visit various different websites by typing their names in the address bar.
- Confirm that your bill is up to date and/or you have not received a disconnect notice.
- If you have an internet security suit (such as Norton's 360), briefly disable the software and try again.
- Confirm that this is not only affecting one device or computer.
No lights on my modem or router.
- Check that all connections (power cords, internet cables, etc) are hooked up. If on a power strip, make sure the switch is set to ON.
- If the modem or router has a power switch, confirm it is set to ON.
- Try another power outlet.
- Contact RTC tech support for further assistance at 706-965-2301 or email@example.com.
- Internet light is red or off on my modem.
- The modem lights are on, but the “ADSL” light is flashing
Internet works on all but one device or computer.
If the device is wireless:
- Confirm wireless is enabled on device and connected (Reboot device)
- Contact RTC Tech Support for further assistance
All of my phones are dead and my internet is out.
If you are an RTC fiber customer, check the UPS (white box with RTC Fiber Optics label on it) in the garage or
basement (could be located elsewhere) and confirm it has a green AC and green output lights.
If AC light is orange/yellow
- Confirm UPS is plugged into power outlet
- Confirm power outlet is functioning properly by testing another device from the outlet
- Check if breaker tripped or press the reset button on the GFI outlet
- If power cannot be restored, run an extension cord until electrician can repair the jack
- If there is power but the light remains orange/yellow, contact RTC Tech Support for further assistance at 706-965-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If both lights are green and the outlet is getting power, contact RTC Tech Support for further assistance at 706-965-2301 or email@example.com
- If AC light is orange/yellow
- If you are not are not a fiber customer, or you cannot locate a white UPS box, please contact RTC Tech Support at 706-965-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are an RTC fiber customer, check the UPS (white box with RTC Fiber Optics label on it) in the garage or basement (could be located elsewhere) and confirm it has a green AC and green output lights.
- I have to frequently reboot the router to maintain my internet connection.
Your technician installed my router, and I have forgotten my password.
We use a generic password of your last name and 10 digit home phone number
- The name could be all, none, or just the first letter capitalized
- We use a generic password of your last name and 10 digit home phone number
My internet is running slow.
- Reboot computer, modem, and router
Confirm that router is running the latest firmware.
- If leasing the router, contact RTC Tech Support for assistance in upgrading.
- If router has been purchased, contact manufacturer to confirm latest firmware.
- Run a speed test from speedtest.catt.com
- I have connected a new router or device and it does not detect the internet connection.
When I send an email it shows the correct email address but the wrong name.
- Log onto https://secure.catt.com/mail/signin.php.
- Select the gear under your email address at the top right of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Edit Off.
- Select the bullet for the empty box and input the name or business you would like to use.
When checking email I receive a message that the server unexpectedly terminated the connection.
- Reboot computer.
- Check status of antivirus software is up to date.
- Try disabling the email scanner portion of antivirus software.
- Try removing and recreating the email account in your email client.